File a Complaint

Have a consumer complaint? These agencies want to know about it:

If you have a consumer-related issue, you may contact the Alabama Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-392-5658, or you may file an online complaint here.

You may file a complaint with the Arkansas Attorney General at this site.

If you're dissatisfied with a business transaction you can file a complaint with your Better Business Bureau. To file a complaint online go to

California Department of Business Oversight Online Complaint Form - If you have a problem with a California-based bank or financial services business that you cannot solve alone, consider filing a complaint with the Department of Business Oversight.

Contact the Colorado Attorney General online or call the Colorado Consumer Line at 800-222-4444.

U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission – The Commission relies on the public as an important source of information in carrying out its regulatory and enforcement responsibilities. If you have information about a violation of the Commodity Exchange Act, Commission regulations, or you suspect fraud concerning a derivatives market, you may file a confidential tip or complaint at

The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection Complaint Center tracks and attempts to resolve disputes between consumers and businesses operating in Connecticut.

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) - If you have an issue with a consumer financial product or service, you can submit a complaint to the CFPB online or by calling the CFPB toll-free at (855) 411-2372. The CFPB currently accepts complaints about: credit cards, mortgages, bank accounts and services, student loans, vehicle and other consumer loans, money transfers, credit reporting, debt collection, and payday loans.

Department of Homeland Security - If you are a victim of a cyber incident, follow the steps on this page to respond and recover from the incident.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, telephone, wire, satellite and cable. Consumers may file complaints regarding these issues online or by contacting the FCC toll-free at 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322), or 1-888-TELL-FCC (TTY) (1-888-835-5322). 

The Florida Attorney General CyberFraud Section reviews, investigates and enforce penalties against companies or individuals taking advantage of consumers through internet-related fraud.  To file a complaint about internet-related fraud, call 1-866-9-NO-SCAM (1-866-966-7226) or online here.

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - Use this form to submit a question to the FDIC or make a complaint about a financial institution. Or, call the FDIC toll-free at 1-877-ASK-FDIC (1-877-275-3342).

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation’s consumer protection agency. If a business doesn’t make good on its promises or cheats you out of your money, the FTC wants to know. File a complaint at

The FTC's Consumer Sentinel Network is a unique investigative cyber tool for law enforcement.  Members of the Consumer Sentinel Network have access to millions of consumer complaints.

Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Protection - If you are a Georgia consumer or have a complaint against a business located in Georgia, you can contact our agency to file a complaint.  To speak to an Intake Representative, call 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (toll-free in Georgia, outside of the metro Atlanta calling area). Or you can use our online complaint form.

Idaho Attorney General Consumer Complaint Form - The Idaho Consumer Protection Act protects Idaho’s consumers and businesses from unfair competition and deceptive business practices. We investigate complaints alleging a pattern or practice of unfair and deceptive acts or practices. Information from consumers allows us to identify and devote our resources to the most serious cases involving widespread injury to Idaho’s consumers and its business environment.

Indiana Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division – File a consumer complaint by visiting or by calling 1.800.382.5516 to request a complaint form be mailed or faxed to you.

Maryland Attorney General - To file a complaint, visit this site or send by mail to Consumer Protection Division, 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202. You may also call our Consumer hotline at 410-528-8662 or for our Health Education and Advocacy Unit, please dial 410-528-1840.

Montana Attorney General-The quickest way to file a consumer complaint is through our website. Click here to file. You may also file a complaint by mail. Start by downloading the form here. We have a lot more information about the consumer complaint process here.

The National Futures Association urges investors to file a complaint against firms or individuals participating in the futures or retail off-exchange foreign currency (forex) markets by visiting NFA's website, or by contacting NFA's Information Center 1-800-621-3570 or 312-781-1410.

The North Carolina Attorney General's office accepts complaints via our website  or you can call us toll-free within North Carolina at 1-877-5-NO-SCAM.

The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) Customer Assistance Group helps customers resolve issues with national banks and their operating subsidiaries.

The Privacy Rights Clearinghouse (PRC) accepts privacy complaints online. If you feel a company has violated your privacy, the PRC wants to know! The PRC is a nationally-recognized nonprofit dedicated to protecting the privacy of American consumers.

U.S. Citizenshihp and Immigration Services - USCIS recommends victims of immigration services scams to report information to the Federal Trade Commission. You may also file a complaint in your state. Information can be found on the USCIS website. Remember reporting scams will not affect your immigration application or petition. Complaints involving alleged violations of ERISA are handled by Benefits Advisors in our national and field offices.  Contact a Benefits Advisor electronically or by calling toll free 1-866-444-3272 for questions about ERISA, help in obtaining a benefit, or if you believe your claim to benefits has been unjustly denied or that your benefit was calculated incorrectly; you have information that plan assets are being mismanaged or misused; you think the plan fiduciaries are acting improperly; or you think your employer has been late in depositing your contributions. Every complaint received will be pursued and, if determined to be valid, resolution will be sought through informal dispute resolution. If your valid complaint cannot be resolved informally, it may be referred for further review by EBSA’s enforcement staff.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) wants to know about problems with FDA-regulated products.  Timely reporting by consumers, health professionals, and FDA-regulated companies allows the agency to take prompt action. The agency evaluates each report to determine how serious the problem is, and, if necessary, may request additional information from the person who filed the report before taking action.

Utah residents can visit this site to find out how to file a complaint with the Utah Attorney General's Department of Consumer Protection.

You may file a consumer complaint with the Vermont Attorney General’s Office Consumer Assistance Program here.

Wisconsin Consumer Protection Online Complaint Form - If you have a problem with a business that you cannot solve alone, consider filing a complaint with the Bureau of Consumer Protection.